Top Ten Reasons to Buy Travel Insurance
Whether you take one vacation a year, or travel internationally on a regular basis for business, a good travel insurance plan will cover you for virtually every unexpected contingency. From travel delays due to bad weather or a missed connection, a lost piece of luggage, or a medical emergency in a foreign country, help is only a phone call away.
TODAY Travel Editor, Peter Greenberg, recommends purchasing travel insurance to protect your financial investment and your peace of mind. In a recently published article, Greenberg lists nine reasons why he thinks travel insurance is a must-have accessory for your customers, and we’ve added a 10th reason of our own:
- Your flight has been cancelled
- Your bags are lost and your medication is in them. You need to have an emergency prescription filled.
- Your passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and a replacement passport.
- You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. You need medical evacuation.
- You need to cancel your trip due to illness.
- Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. You need your non-refundable expenses covered and to get to your destination.
- You have a medical emergency in a foreign country.
- A terrorist incident occurs in the city where you are planning to visit, and you want to cancel your trip.
- A hurricane forces you to evacuate your resort, hotel or cruise.
- And in response to the current state of the economy…you lose your job but you’ve already paid for the trip or cruise and need your cash back.
Global Medical Assistance
Illness and injury can happen anytime, anywhere. When you plan a trip, you’re planning to have fun. But emergencies can and do happen while you’re away from home.
While personal healthcare insurance often won’t cover unexpected medical mishaps (including medical evacuations) while you’re travelling internationally, Global Medical Assistance (an option on the Insurance that Mouse Unlimited sells), with our network of more than 400,000 health service providers in 242 countries and territories, will give you the help you need.
Plus, the 24/7 emergency hotline, staffed with multi-lingual associates and medical personnel, will help you navigate the entire agonizing process and provide a sense of calm in the middle of chaos.
When you are far from home, travel insurance makes sure help is close by.
Missed Connections and Travel Delays
You’re traveling overseas and hours before you’re scheduled to fly home, you lose your passport and traveler’s checks. You’re stuck abroad until you can get some help, but more importantly, you’re also stuck with the cost of hanging around. A good travel insurance plan will take care of you until you’re back on your way again.
If your departure is delayed by an unannounced strike or a natural disaster, optional travel delay coverage will reimburse you for your nonrefundable expenses or will take care of meals, accommodations and transportation during the delay. But be careful, not just any travel delay qualifies.
Or if you missed your connection or cruise because severe weather caused the first flight to be delayed for at least 3 hours or to be cancelled, optional missed connection coverage will recoup the nonrefundable expenses. That’s as long as you allowed plenty of time in your itinerary and weren’t able to reach your connecting flight or cruise using an alternative method. Plus, it will take care of additional expenses for meals and accommodations related to the missed connection and any transportation required to resume travel.
Don’t let forces outside of your control get in the way of your vacation fun. Let travel insurance turn these frustrating travel hurdles into minor bumps in the road – and protect your travel investment in the process.
If you book a Disney vacation with Mouse Unlimited, be sure to ask for Travel Insurance.